Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On Overdue Update (Real Life, Rock Band & More)

Well it's been a long while since I've posted here and I first of all want to apologize for that.

To be honest I've been rather busy and all my little online occupations have been suffering a bit in order to make room for my new occupation.

Real Life

Since the end of last year I had been looking around locally for a band, or something that would allow me to meet people who share my interests, and help me progress and work on my singing.

I had a few potentially successful encounters but distance/transportation was often the hindrance, and in one case the person I was speaking to misplaced my contact information and didn't find me again through other means until I had given up and moved on. After asking some more information from one band regarding what they were looking for exactly, I suddenly found myself planning an audition date.


I was very nervous, but it went well, and I'm pleased to tell you that I am a singer for the melodic death metal band Ethropia (link to Band Facebook Page ).  Despite their young age (they make me feel old!) they are very mature musically and make some great music! I hope to bring something as well with my vocals. Currently we do not have any recordings with my vocals (there is a song on the myspace page with their old vocalist), but it is something we are working on and hope to correct soon.

I was also included in a musical project with a friend from last.fm where I contributed vocals to his track. You can listen to that here: DJ Adam - Libera Me (Feat. Anex & Pato) or here on youtube.

Rock Band

Anyway needless to say I have been busy with that, including writing lyrics for the songs, so that hasn't really left me much time for Rock Band or video games in general. Any video I have done since has also just been in-game capture footage as it's a bit of work to do PiP.

Before getting really busy though I did make effort to complete some of my Rock Band video requests (request thread here), so allow me to link them.

Devo- Whip It
Tears for Fears- Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

I also recorded a video for fun as I know I will never be able to FC it, but it amuses me to sing it anyway. You will also hear the dreaded mic distortion I hate so much.

Tenacious D- Master Exploder

I also did one Amberian Dawn video as it had been a while. It is also one of my favorite Amberian Dawn songs.

Amberian Dawn- Lullaby


Other Video Game Dabblings

I've also been poking a bit at RIFT via the free key ally weekends and find that to be a very fun game that is a nice mix between World of Warcraft and Ever Quest 2. Both games I loved but was bothered by for either being too easy/watered down (WoW) or too graphically detailed to the point of the world not seeming to flow together (EverQuest).
Hopefully I can write some more about RIFT later because it really deserves its own blog entry.

Thursday (date of EU release) I will get my hands on Mortal Kombat 9 and hope it will live up to the hype and bring back the nostalgia of the days of MK3 and before. I would also like to write something about this as well if I get time.


Well that is all for now, and if I have time I will update again soon (I'm going to see about recording a Rock Band video this afternoon of another Amberian Dawn song). I hope those of you living in the US and North America are enjoying Portal and Mortal Kombat 9! (even if I'm uber jealous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
Keep it respectful. Any spamming or rude comments may be deleted.